Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
B.A., Communications: Advertising and Journalism (double concentration), with a Public Praxis minor, May 2012
Major GPA 3.8 GPA 3.7
- Wrote a regional history forum, The Industrial History of the Poughkeepsie Railroad Bridge and the CNE Railway’s Maybrook Line, published in The Hudson River Valley Review.
- First Place, Writing Center Contest for E-Scriptor, an Online Journal of Student Writing, for a research paper: How Human Nature Creates and Sustains the Need for Organized Crime.
- Dean’s List.
Accounts Management Intern at PUNCH, Richmond, VA.
Research Assistant, Hudson River Valley Institute, Poughkeepsie, NY, 09/2010-present.
Production Assistant and Script Supervisor. Provident Media. 07/30/2010.
- One-day shoot for the City of Richmond
Freelance Journalist. Richmond.com, a Media General property.
Intern, Carrie Belt and Associates, Richmond, VA, 05/2010-08/2010.
- Business blogging for a jewelry retailer and a clean energy investment newsletter
- Advertising, marketing, and branding projects for entrepreneurs and a non-profit event
- Search engine optimization (SEO) for blogs and websites
- Researching and writing 3,000 word-count regional history forum for publication in the Hudson River Valley Review
- Copy-editing, contributing to the HRVI newsletter, and other office tasks
Intern, Initiatives of Hope and Department of Mission and Global Justice (now known as Department of Mission and Global Ministries), Virginia United Methodist Conference, Glen Allen, VA, 05/2009-08/2009.
- Revamped, wrote, and edited content for the Initiatives of Hope website
- Conducted Initiatives of Hope Mission Education Resources training for District Mission Coordinators and Mission Interpreters and promoted Initiatives of Hope at the Virginia Annual Conference and School of Christian Mission
- Edited 50-page educational curriculum on diversity
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, internet blogging platforms, and QuarkXPress
- Basic photography and photo-editing
- Writing capabilities range from journalism to research
- Conversational Arabic, also familiar with Latin
- Strong reading and writing interest in religious and spiritual issues, Middle Eastern issues, and human rights.
- Web Editor and Staff Writer, The Circle. Marist College Newspaper. 2010-present. Managing online content through a content management system. Learned light HTML coding.
- Features Editor, The Circle. Marist College Newspaper. 2009-2010. Planning coverage as part of the editorial board, guiding writers, editing the Features section, and writing articles.
- Race and Religion Beat Reporter, The Circle. Marist College Newspaper. 2008-2009. Conducted interviews and wrote articles on dynamic issues on campus with the right mix of sensitivity and inquiry.
- Member. Saber Tournament Competition Team, Marist College Fencing Club. 2008-Present.
- Marist Community Service. Weekly volunteering commitment at Good Counsel House in Poughkeepsie during the Fall 2008 semester and at Catharine Street Community Center during the Fall 2009 semester.