The tweets from http://twitter.com/jesus range from what one might call blasphemous to witty, referencing pop-culture and Scripture.
The whole thing is pretty Buddy Christ-tastic.
- Special request from Dr. King. He says “The 60’s are over. Stop Dreaming. Do some shit.”
- At a wine bar. Waitress is getting a little suspicious after ordering my third glass of water.
- Skipped church this morning. Overslept. But don’t worry, I was there in spirit.
- This whole religion thing needs to stop.It’s embarrassing.
- Poseidon, look at me. I DON’T NEED A BOAT!
There is also www.twitter.com/jesus_christ, and unlike the other account, he tweets/responds directly to his followers. Make of that what you will.
It’s only a matter of time before some youth group, somewhere, makes a T-shirt with the slogan “Following Jesus before he was on Twitter.”
Book Recommendation: American Jesus: How the Son of God Became a National Icon by Stephen Prothero examines how Jesus’ image and message have been used by movements, in pop culture and throughout history.
If The Bible was Magazines by CollegeHumor